Wednesday 7 October 2009

Bat For Lashes!



I’ve really been looking forward to this concert for a long time. I absolutely love the latest album Two Suns, and I still think she should have won the Mercury prize for that. This was my first time to see Bat For Lashes live, and I have to say that it was a really good experience. One beautifully performed song followed the other and there was a good mix of quiet and more up-beat tracks. I especially liked the live version of Pearl’s Dream that was almost stripped down to drums and percussion. Siren Song was another high point of the evening for me. Performed live with strings and everything almost brought tears to my eyes.

I also really enjoyed the variety of sounds – all the band members played several different instruments throughout the concert. At first it was a little confusing, I think the guitarist (if you can call her that) played 5 different instruments during the first 2 songs. But all in all I think it made it a more interesting experience.

Only negative thing was the length of the concert – only 1 hour and 10 minutes. That was a little disappointing.

Oh, and there was also an interesting warm up band called Yeasayer. I only caught the last couple of songs, but they had a nice mix of some 80’s sounds, some police and some folk music going on. Think I’ll check them out on Hypemachine or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment