Thursday 20 August 2009

Junior Boys live!



I went to see Junior Boys last night - overall a good experience.

First up was Voluntary Butler Scheme. I had never heard of it before but was positively surprised by this one man band – nice little melodies and a decent voice on top of a variety of beats and looped samples (created on the spot like Yoav does it). Think I’ll have to check him out on myspace later.

I’m not going to waste any time on the second warm up band - a horrible art project type band with questionalble vocals and no obvious purpose in life, so I’ll skip right to the main act.

I had really been looking forward to Junior Boys. I saw them at Sonar a couple of years ago where they gave a quite disappointing performance, partly due to some technical problems I think. But it was a great experience this time, I especially liked their live versions of the songs from the old album that had new variations in both melody and beats. But the new material was great as well and at times it almost had an Erasure feel to it. Which is a good thing.


Go see them if you get the chance. And if you like melodic dance friendly synth pop.


Oh, and sorry for the blurry photo - I'll try to do better next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment